Pints, Forks & Friends Field Notes
A great beach, oyster bar, and craft beer pizza joint, um yes, this is our spot. Siesta Key Beach in itself a true gem. Unlike other beaches that are made up mostly of pulverized coral, Siesta Beach’s sand is 99% quartz = white sand! We try and stay towards the downtown area on along Ocean Blvd. Parking can get kind of tricky during popular times. Our go to spots are Siesta Key Oyster Bar, 3.14 Pi Craft Beer Spirits, and the next key over, Dry Dock Waterfront Grill. You’re living the good life with these fine establishments in your life.
Honestly, I’m not a big IPA person, but when I’m down in Siesta Key, Florida there is nothing better than a cold ass Cigar City Jai Alai. So I guess this is my go to IPA, especially in the summer, and especially while slamming oysters at SKOB. For my pie lovers, you gotta check out a local “surf themed” pizza, craft beer joint called 3.14 Pi. They have a baller tap list, a pool table, and comfortable seating (limited, during peak) Or, take out is always an option too, but damn some of the best pizza we’ve had. As for craft beer and pizza, I like to keep it pretty simple, usually go with a local wheat or lager.
A little fancier dining we really like the Dry Dock Waterfront Grill in Longboat Key. You can eat upstairs indoors, or downstairs open air on the water. Great seafood, atmosphere and views. Worth the 20-30 minute drive from Siesta Key. As we continue to raise awareness on how important it is to try and keep your money local as possible by remembering the hashtags #eatlocal + #drinklocal.
- We love creating content with the Photofy App they helped us implement our PFFStamp so we can track/credit the places we’ve enjoyed while traveling
- If you like some Pho… We found this gem called Pho 101 NOODLE HOUSE it’s only about a 5 minute drive from the beach.
- Fireworks on the beach were pretty amazing
- Make sure and hang some money at the Siesta Key Oyster Bar, you can sign the money with a marker, we went with #PintsForksFriends 🙂
- Dry Dock Waterfront Grill – is actually connected to the “Boathouse On Longboat”
- Amazing views of Sarasota Bay!