We stumbled upon a fantastic breakfast recipe from Cowboy Charcoal, one of our go-to lump coal brands. We’ve relied on Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal for several grilling and smoking seasons, loving its consistent flavor and dependability. Inspired by others in our community who posted mouthwatering dishes, we bought our first cast iron skillet during the holidays. With the return of warmer weather, we’re excited to test out this recipe. Here’s to tasty adventures! Cheers!
Cowboy Charcoal Campfire Breakfast
Well, howdy partner! Let’s rustle up a Cowboy Charcoal Campfire Breakfast that’ll knock your boots off!
Cowboy Breakfast Skillet Recipe
- 1/4 pound of the finest country sausage this side of the Mississippi
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped (like a tumbleweed in the wind)
- Same goes for red onion and golden potatoes
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (sharper than a rattlesnake’s fang)
- 3 eggs, as fresh as the morning dew
- 3 dollops of butter (don’t be stingy now)
- A handful of chives, chopped
- A dash of tabasco or that zydeco dust for a bit of a kick
- Light up that Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal and let it burn brighter than a desert sun for about 10-15 minutes. When it’s white-hot, gather it in the middle.
- Heat up yer skillet, then toss in the sausage till it’s golden.
- Chuck in them taters, onions, and a double dose of butter. Give ’em a good 8-minute dance in the skillet.
- Invite the red onions for a 2-minute jig.
- As everything gets all cozy and brown, slide in that last butter and let it work its magic.
- Flatten out your mix and crown it with the eggs. Wait for ’em to set about 5 minutes.
- Not a fan of sunny side up? Put a lid on it, cowboy!
- Sprinkle on that cheese and chives. Wait for the melt.
- Once it’s cooled off a tad, dig in!
Remember, folks: The first time we took a whirl with this skillet on the Cowboy Lump Coal, we rustled up some scallops. Tastier than a square dance on a Saturday night! So go on, follow the Cowboy Brand trail!
This year, our Thanksgiving feast received a gourmet...
Ever found yourself standing in a long line at your local...
Have you ever found yourself at a Cleveland Guardians or...