Voodoo Blood Worms – Add a little wickedness to your Halloween bash with our creepy Beer Jell-O Blood Worms. They’re stark red, slimy, and devilishly boozy. You’ll be sure to terrorize your guests with these little suckers.
- 100 flexible straws (bigger is better)
- tall glassware
- wax paper/parchment paper
- 1 (6 oz) package cherry Jell-O package
- 1 package unflavored gelatin (for extra firmness)
- 12 oz boiling water
- 12 oz cold Voodoo Love Child by Voodoo Brewery
- In a medium bowl, wisk beer until completely flat and return to refrigerator
- In a separate large bowl, pour out Jell-O mix and gelatin
- Add boiling water and stir until granules completely dissolve
- Add cold flat beer and stir until combined
- Gather your straws (don’t forget to flex them out) and put them into the glasses. It’s important that the straws have a tight fit so the Jell-O stays in the straws. Make sure to add enough straws to fill the container completely
- Add the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled container and place in refrigerator. Let set (we let it set overnight)
- Pull out each individual straw and using a damp paper towel square or sponge, clean off the Jell-O on the outside of straws
- Place each straw on wax paper. One by one, remove the Jell-O worms by rolling a heavy glass (we used the beer bottle) over the straws to squeeze it out. This is quite a labor of love- but soooo worth it.
- Enjoy those boozed up squirmers!
About the Brew: Voodoo Brewery paid homage to the Voodoo God of Creation, Gran Met by brewing a beautiful Belgian style triple. This seductive brew is aged for three months on Michigan sour cherries, Oregon raspberries, and passion fruit. It’s passionately spiced with corriander and curqua orange peel to help rouse those deepest, darkest desires. At a whopping 9.2 % ABV, one must be careful not to have too many or they may be welcoming their own love child in the next nine months.
Love Jell-O shots? This Voodoo Blood Worms recipe can be used to make those too!
Cheer’s N’at Devo and Tim
*Special thank you to our amazing friend Tracey! She killed it with the ideas for this post!
We are a husband & wife blogging team who loves beer, food, and Pittsburgh. We were both born and raised in the City of Bridges and now are proudly raising our own family here. Pittsburgh is going through a tremendous craft beer boom and we are beyond thrilled to be a part of it. We enjoy blogging about the local craft beer scene and also enjoy the challenge of effectively incorporating those local beers into some of our favorite recipes.