The weather is warming up, the barbecues are firing up, and the beach is calling your name. It’s time to pop open a refreshing craft beer and celebrate the glorious days of summer. Craft beer is gaining immense popularity because of its unique flavors, brewing techniques, and passionate, independent brewers who aren’t afraid to experiment.
Trending Craft Beers
Let’s explore the eight best craft beers that promise a perfect blend of flavor and refreshment for your summer activities.
- Bell’s Oberon Ale
Straight from Michigan’s Bell’s Brewery, Oberon Ale is an American Wheat Ale that’s a summer staple for many beer enthusiasts. Light-bodied with a citrusy aroma and fruity notes, it provides an excellent pairing for summer dishes like grilled chicken or fish tacos. Its crisp finish will cool you down during those warm summer afternoons.
- Sierra Nevada Summerfest
Brewed in the style of a Czech Pilsner, Sierra Nevada’s Summerfest is an ode to tradition and a testament to creativity. This lager is characterized by its golden color, floral aroma, and crisp, complex malt flavor with a smooth, dry finish. A refreshing choice for a backyard barbeque or an afternoon on the lake.
- Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale
Dogfish Head’s SeaQuench Ale is a wonderfully tart and refreshing brew. Combining three German styles of beer — Kölsch, Gose, and Berliner Weisse — this ale is then infused with lime peel, black limes, and sea salt for an incredibly unique flavor profile. Ideal for sipping on a hot beach day, it’s as refreshing as the sea breeze itself.
- Founders All Day IPA
For those who love a good IPA but want something a bit lighter for the summer, Founders’ All Day IPA is your beer. It’s a session beer, meaning it has a lower alcohol content so you can enjoy it throughout the day. It offers a complex array of malts, grains, and hops, balanced for optimal aromatics and a clean finish.
- Anderson Valley Summer Solstice
This seasonal beer is a slightly sweet, malty session beer with a creamy mouth feel and a subtle spice complexity. The unique flavors and creamy body make the Summer Solstice Ale from Anderson Valley a satisfying and refreshing summer beverage.
- Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale
An easy-drinking, flavorful British Pale Ale, the Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale offers a sunny, pre-Prohibition recipe that suits modern palates perfectly. Its floral, hoppy aroma is balanced by bready malt flavors, making it an excellent choice for hot summer nights and outdoor dining.
- 21st Amendment Brewery Hell or High Watermelon
This American wheat beer is brewed with real watermelon, for a flavor that’s surprisingly crisp, dry, and refreshing—it’s summer in a can! Hell or High Watermelon from 21st Amendment Brewery is not overly sweet and offers an excellent way to beat the heat.
- The Alchemist Heady Topper
Though not explicitly a summer beer, no craft beer list would be complete without the world-renowned Heady Topper from The Alchemist in Vermont. This double IPA has a complex blend of hops that explode with flavors of citrus and pine, perfect for a refreshing summer evening.
Each of these craft beers offers a unique flavor profile, promising to make your summer unforgettable. Remember, the best way to enjoy these beers is responsibly, savoring each sip and the craftsmanship that went into it. Here’s to a summer filled with good times and great beer! Cheers!
Craft Beers – Sourcing
- Bell’s Oberon Ale: https://www.bellsbeer.com/beer/seasonal/bells-oberon-ale
- Sierra Nevada Summerfest: https://sierranevada.com/beer/seasonal/summerfest/
- Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale: https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/seaquench-ale
- Founders All Day IPA: https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/all-day-ipa/
- Anderson Valley Summer Solstice: https://avbc.com/our-beers/summer-solstice/
- Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale: https://brooklynbrewery.com/brooklyn-beers/perennial-brews/brooklyn-summer-ale
- 21st Amendment Brewery Hell or High Watermelon: https://www.21st-amendment.com/beers/hell-or-high-watermelon
- The Alchemist Heady Topper: https://alchemistbeer.com/