Ohio Craft Beer News
Central Ohio Breweries
Ohio didn’t invent the Christmas ale – brewers have been making strong, spiced beers dating back to the medieval wassail – but it’s easy to make the argument that the Buckeye State has taken the mantle as the leader of the winter warmer world. As such, it’s not enough for us to indulge in these sweet, sumptuous brews just once a year. On the blog this week, we’ll run down all the Christmas in July ales being released by Ohio Craft Brewers Association members this week (I’m sure we missed a couple, Ohio loves their Christmas ales so much it’s hard to keep track):
- Combustion Brewery – Nice: a blonde ale spiced with cinnamon and vanilla. Available now on draft and in crowlers at the taproom in Pickerington.
- Crooked Can Brewing – McSwagger’s Own: an amber ale infused with allspice, clove, candied ginger and vanilla. Too Sweet To Be Sour: a Berliner weisse infused with cranberry apple and cinnamon. Available on draft Saturday, July 25 at the taproom in Hilliard.
- Grove City Brewing – Christmas Ale: an Irish red ale infused with hazelnut and traditional Christmas spices. Available on draft and in crowlers today at the brewpub in Grove City.
Northeast Ohio Breweries
Back in December, Eighty-Three Brewery stashed some of their winter warmer, 25,000 Twinkle Lights, in Four Roses small batch bourbon barrels. After a seven-month rest, their first ever barrel aged beer also serves as the brewery’s first ever bottle release. 22 ounce bottles are available for pre-order now and can be picked up at Eighty-Three’s Akron taproom starting Saturday, July 25. Read more at cleveland.com
- Biker Brewhouse – Cruisin’ Christmas Ale: Available now on draft and in bottles at the taproom in Austintown.
- Blue Heron Brewery – Christmas Ale: Available on draft and in growlers Saturday, July 25 at the brewpub in Medina.
- HiHO Brewing – HiHO HO HO Holiday Ale: Available on draft Saturday, July 25 at the taproom in Cuyahoga Falls.
- Hoodletown Brewing – Christmas in Hooville: Available now on draft and in cans at the taproom in Dover.
- Ignite Brewing – Ignite the Lights: Available on draft today at the taproom in Barberton.
- Lockport Brewery – Cheer Beer: Available on draft Saturday, July 25 at the taproom in Bolivar.
- The Phoenix Brewing Company – Krampus Kandy: a white stout infused with cacao nibs and coffee. Available on draft Saturday, July 25 at the taproom in Mansfield. Cans available starting August 4.
- Wadsworth Brewing – Papa Elf: a brown porter infused with butter cookie coffee. Available on draft now at the taproom in Wadsworth.